Sunday, January 12, 2014

3 Months-2 Weeks Adjusted

Today Elijah is 3 months old today. How time flies! His adjusted age (age counted from his due date) is two weeks. So developmentally he should be only doing things that a two week old baby would be doing, anything else is gravy. He is 8lbs 20 inches long as of Thursday ( 2lbs 12 oz 15 inches at birth). Ideally, he should be gaining an ounce a day. In 18 days, he gained 19 oz and had surgery in that time, so he is doing great growth wise. Monday, we had a follow up appointment with the surgeon, everything looks great. While in the waiting room, someone asked us how many days old the baby was. I don't think of him as that small anymore, its so weird to hear! Tuesday we will go for an OT/PT appointment, which is standard for all preemies after discharge from the NICU.
Birth
Today









Eli's favorite thing is bath time, on Wed, he got to meet his Auntie Robin and she gave him a bath and they had some snuggle time.

who is this lady? I'm confused so I peed in my bath



ok I like her




She's feeding me, so she must be legit


actually not so sure :P

Yesterday was Kiwi's birthday, so her and uncle Fish came down along with Grandpa and Omie and Catherine. We had a low key evening just hanging out. Eli got dressed up for his Auntie's birthday, didn't get many pictures

Eli also got to meet his God Auntie, Catherine today. Catherine is my mom's (Omie's) God daughter, making her my God Sister, making Eli her God Nephew. Yes those are all real things hehe. ANYWAYS The cool thing is, I babysat Ms Catherine when she was a baby and now she will be babysitting Eli, probably starting this summer. She will teach him lots of thing, probably starting with how to dunk. 




I go back to work on Thursday :( I am so sad to leave my baby but so glad that I have a job to go to and such a WONDERFUL work family who I have missed a lot and will be happy to see :) Eli will be spending the nights that Jon and I are working with either his Gramma or his Omie. We are so blessed and thankful that he has such amazing grandparents that are willing to spend so much time with him and help us out in this way.  
Gramma and Grampy stopped by this afternoon and got some cuddle time in too! Its been a busy cuddle days. Here's a few more pics



















I know I said I wasn't going to post on fb everytime I update, but i think monthly updates are ok :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment