Saturday, November 16, 2013

Being Sick Sucks

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes being sick is kinda ok. My Opa used to give me cough drops and call them "candy" so I'm kind of addicted to them. So any chance where I can eat cough drops and not get judged is cool with me. Plus you get to sleep/ watch tv all day and no one can complain. But when being sick means that you can't go see your baby for dayssss and you worry that you might have gotten him sick, which means possibly adding days to your already long NICU stay,  IT.IS.THE.WORST.THING.EVER.

Eli is doing great.  He's in an open air bassinet, no more isolette(which I haven't seen). He weighs 4lbs 3oz, is getting 38cc's of milk every three hours,and is still doing well with no respiratory support. The doctor says we just have to get him eating and we're good. Today he spent the whole day with his Grampa(including a lot of cuddle time), which I know he loved. His Omie was there in the morning but then she spent most of the day taking care of me, cooking a yummy dinner, and catching up on neglected housework. Daddy has been working like crazy but he is at the hospital every day right after work, to send me pictures and get some cuddle time in. Gramma and Grampy are coming down tomorrow. Hopefully I feel good enough to go in at least later in the afternoon.

How cute is he!?!?!? Miss him soo much :(

No comments:

Post a Comment