Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lots Going On!

So lets talk about yesterday first. I was holding the baby from 3-6. During that time he had a few desats, so when that happens, I usually change his position and that helps him. So during those few hours I had moved him around quiet a few times. I like to hold him cradled while he gets fed and is awake then once he falls asleep I move him to my chest so he can lay on his belly, which is easier for digestion for him. Anyways, about 15 minutes before it was time for him to go back to his nest, I take a look at his cute little face and notice something's missing. The tube that's supposed to be in his mouth, down his throat is no where to be found. I immediately FREAK OUT.  He has been known to pull these tubes out, but he was swaddled so I couldn't blame him. I start to panic and think that he has swallowed his tube, even though his vitals are perfect and there is basically no way he could possibly have swallowed that thing. I frantically unswaddle him to find the tube and wake Jon up as I'm freaking out. He is just looking at me like I'm a crazy lunatic (which I might be) and is laughing at me. We eventually find the tube which puts my mind at ease that he did not swallow it. So I must have yanked it out changing his position. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for that to happen.
Yesterday he lost 3 ounces, but this is attributed to the indocin he was on for his heart, which caused some fluid retention. So now he is getting rid of this extra fluid, which is a good thing

This morning however, I was told had he not lost so much weight, we could have gotten rid of the isolette and done an open air bassinet. So hopefully by this weekend!

So today he had a repeat echo to see if the indocin closed the PDA. It did! Praise God! His heart is beautiful according to the ultrasound tech, who has been doing this for 32 years. So I trust that. He does still have a murmur but its a normal baby murmur that he can grow out of. Or he can be like me and have one forever

After the echo, he had his first ever bath. It was soo fun. He seemed to like it. Didn't cry at all, he just kinda looked around and wiggled a little bit. So now we have a nice clean baby. I'm not gonna lie after 28 days he got a little stinky, especially behind his ears.

The eye doctor was next. Everything looks good. He has been titrated down to 1L of O2 on the nasal canula. 28 ccs of milk q3 hours.  He was pretty sleepy most of the afternoon due to having such a busy day, but not too busy to have some snuggle time with his mama!

uh oh I'm not sure whats going on here....I haven't been this nakey in awhile



we put him in the water swaddled so he can get used to the water..

nice and clean!



deep in thought

thanks Auntie Amanda for the cute hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment