Monday, November 18, 2013

"Here at the NICU we don't potty train, we garbage train"

So I'm back to spending my days with the baby. I missed him sooo much, it was so so so good to hold him this morning. Still not too much luck with nursing him, however we get to try twice a day now and the lactation consultant gave me some tips and things to try. I'm getting impatient, especially seeing as the doctor was like as soon as we get the feedings down we can discharge him. However as  his Auntie Amanda reminded me today, its awesome that he's latching on at this age and the suck swallow breathe thing is a lot of work for him. He'll get there.

So we spent the day cuddling. At 6 the nurse came in to steal him from me to weigh him. So she brings in the scale and strips him nakey, even no diaper and puts him on the scale. I'm in the back room getting ready to pump when I hear the nurse scream ELI!!. So I come rushing out of the back room and three or four other nurses come running into the room. What I see is a bunch of poop on the floor and the nurse holding my naked baby over the garbage can while he continues to poop into it. He's not crying he just has this look on his face that is like what's going on. Apparently the nurse had carried him naked over to the sink and that's when he pooped on the floor so she rushed over to the garbage can to have him finish the job. So the poor baby has poop like all over so he has to get his security alarm thing taken off his foot and gets a quick sink shower. All the nurses are in the room laughing at the nurse that this happened too and telling their poop stories. And as usual Eli is just looking around not crying just waiting for his dinner. Oh he weighs 4 lbs 5oz (before the poop) maybe a little less now.
his new crib, you can barely tell hes in there but he is



favorite past time: trying to pull out the NG tube


No comments:

Post a Comment