Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Some Cool Stuff

So yesterday my midwife, Vanessa stopped by to check in on us. Vanessa is awesome, super amazing, I can't even say how much I love her. If you are having a baby, go see her she will take awesome care of you. Really all the midwives at the practice will, I'm just partial to her cause she was the one with me when all this Eli stuff went down. Anyway she is going to Ethiopia today for a conference for midwives, how cool is that! Pray for safe travels for her.

So that was one cool thing from yesterday next is this... If you have been keeping up with the blog you know that Jon's grandmother passed away last week. Well last night his cousin Kaitlin sent me this message on fb: 
Hey Annie,
I've been at my apt doing homework and I just got a letter from my grandma, hand delivered to me from the office staff. She wrote a sweet letter to me in her usual style, but she also slipped in an extra note about how she is keeping up with you and Jon's baby. I just wanted to let you know that she printed off every single entry from your blog up until October 26th and stapled them all together to send to me. Because she wanted everyone else in the family to be up to date on Eli's progress-his ups and downs. She probably told you that she loves that little guy, but just in case you didn't know how interested she was.... 😊 She probably took a second copy up to heaven to intercede for the baby, face to face with Jesus. Haha,  that would be just like her.

How cool is that!?!?! So awesome. Jon thought so too. He was so glad to get down to Florida to the funeral. He couldn't stop talking about how much he especially enjoyed getting to spend time with his cousins. But how neat for Kaitlin to get one more letter from her grandmother. I'm so glad she shared what happened with us. Ps Kaitlin is in nursing school and is gonna make a fabulous nurse! :)

So not too much going on today. Eli is sitting here with me while I type this. He just punched me in the chin with his tiny fist. Not nice Mr! He's squirming around a lot in his sleep, making his dolphin noises. He has gone from sounding like a mouse, to a kitten, to a dolphin. Just working on growing and breathing. Last night Jon and I had the task of putting a onsie on him. Which is a lot harder to do when two people are trying to get him dressed at the same time. He was very patient with us, didnt really cry but gave us some looks that I'm pretty sure we're saying ummm do you people know what you are doing here. Then after Jon left. we had a nasty neon green poop incident that required a whole new outfit and four diaper changes in about five minutes. I got a lot of the same looks then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment